Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Wednesday Workout April 2

Hola!

Last week sucked.  I was going through a growth spurt (well, he was, but you know what I mean) and was in pain and had NO energy.  I tried going once, and ended up doubling over in pain on the treadmill, so took my happy ass home for lots of liquids and a nice warm bath.

I'm back at it this week though.  I forgot to post my monday workout, and honestly can't remember what I did. Eh, oh well.  So here is today's.  I took it at a moderately easy pace since I'm still feeling those twinges of 'ouchness'. 


Cardio:

Treadmill- walk at level 2.5, speed at 4mph.  Keep pace for 15 minutes.  Then for next 15 minutes, alternate running at 5.8mph for one minute, and walking at 4mph for one minute.  

Toning:

Side to side bends with Shoulder Press-  50/20 x 3.  Hold weight in each hand, and keeping core tight and glutes tucked under, lower weight to left knee, then back up, and down to right knee and  back up. Complete all 50 reps, then go straight into Shoulder Press for 20 reps.  10 second break between sets.

Side Lunge with Lawnmower- 20x3 each side.   Step into deep side lunge on the Left, making sure butt is back and thigh is parallel to floor without going over toes.  Take opposite arm with weight, lower weight to left foot and pull up and across body (like starting a lawnmower).  Complete all reps, switch sides.

Sumo squats with Kettlebell Swing- 15 x 3.  Step into wide stance. Lower down into squat while simultaneously swinging kettlebell up.  Make sure to lower butt and not lean forward, keeping chest up, core tight, and back straight.  Use glutes to push back up, lowering kettlebell.  


Make sure to stretch your back when your done!  


Now I think I'm going to go enjoy a smoothie.  Check out my recipes HERE :)

No comments:

Post a Comment