Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Lactation Smoothie

So I had tried the lactation cookies; they were really yummy.  But I feel kind of wrong eating cookies for breakfast, even if they are Paleo, and not bad at all for you.  So I needed something that I could eat in the morning to help give me protein and energy for the day.  Browsing through Pinterest (what else), I happened on a recipe for a Lactation Smoothie from one of my favorite blogs to follow: Diary of a Fit Mommy.  I love that blog, even if she does make me feel shitty about myself sometimes because of how quickly she lost all her baby weight ;)  Annnnnnnnyway, there was a recipe for a lactation smoothie.  So I thought to myself, why the hell not.

 It was full of all kinds of good stuff, easy to throw together, and although very calorie dense, very nutritionally dense and kept me full for about 6 hours!  And I couldn't even finish the whole thing, there was so much potassium and protein and all that jazz :).  However, if you do feel like saving the rest for later, be aware, you will need to add more liquid to it since the flax meal makes it kind of gelatinous after awhile.

Here ya go. One awesome sauce, delicious lactation smoothie.  I think I might have another one today.....wait, we're out of bananas.  Damn.




Seriously, go make this.  Like right now.  Seriously.  It's fucking awesome.





No comments:

Post a Comment