Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The homemaker's Valentine

Yep I'm gonna be like everyone else today, and gush about Valentine's day and my husband and all that good stuff! 

So today I got woken up by my wonderful husband with a GORGEOUS bouquet of pink and yellow lilies and sunflowers, a box of yummy chocolates and twilight! Did a bunch of chores, finally got so sick of the boxes I put a blanket over them and put pictures up like a stand or something, went and baby sat and then came home.  I was going to make a fancy dessert for tonight but just didn't feel up to it, so made some "fake 'n bake" raspberry vanilla tartlets, and made up the coffee table for a make shift dinner table.

pictures below :)


My makeshift dinner table :) Awesome flowers provided by the awesome husband!

Delicious fake raspberry tarts!!

Mix a box of french vanilla pudding mix with 1 1/2 cup milk, and whisk until set....


Spoon about a teaspoon of raspberry jam or preserves on the bottom.

Fill the mini grahm crusts with the pudding on top of the jam, then put a dab in with the pudding, and swirl with a toothpick...

Add some fresh raspberries on top and let chill for at least an hour!  YUM!!!

And finally the amazing dinner that was the precourser to the above mentioned dessert, yah kinda lame, nothing big, but it was the first Valentine's Day the husband and I actually got to spend together! We were both working the last two, and on 12's to boot! So this was pretty exciting that we actually had time to spend together, and that I had time to pull something like this together. 



So there it is kids, Happy Valentine's Day. And honestly if you're single, no big.  Go get drunk and bash everybody and everything, it's what I did. Hell i still did it even after I was married lol.

P.S. Anybody notice that the stores already have fucking Easter stuff out???????

Peace y'all!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment