Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Morning musings with oatmeal

I was e-mailed yesterday by a lady looking for someone to be part of a team to help her boys. They both have austism.  I took a look at the program which is called son-rise and it is a theraputic program to help austistic children "re-integrate" back into the world.  I feel like this is something I need to experience, it's kind of ironic that this came about. While I was on terminal leave, I stayed a day over at my Aunt Nancy's house. Nancy is a very intuitive and very much a "energy" girl, and we happened to get on the topic of epidurals which is a hot spot with me becuase of what I've learned while being a doula. I was commenting on how the are starting to be linked to austism in children, and Nancy then commented that while in .her healing school the learned that austism is an energetic disconnection from the Self and the body's world.  Which makes complete sense. The epidural often gives mothers the effect of being "disconnected" from their bodies or a "dissassociation" with one's self and the labor. Which in turn in disconnecting the child from the mother during labor and delivery. The child then has that energetic disconnection already hard wired into them from birth and if not relieved of quickly could possibly turn into what we are now seeing as a very sharp spike in child autism.

I think this is something I need to learn more about, first hand and so am willingly if not somewhat cautiously entering into this new and unkown world. I feel there is something I will learn about myself, and something that will benefit my job by doing this.  Not really sure what else to say, there is something brewing in me, pushing me to do this, but it is a calm pushing.  This will be a challenge. 
I thank the universe for handing me the opportunity, and this challenge to grow.

Peace y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment