Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Aussies make awesome documentaries

That pretty much sums it up.  Just saw a documentary called "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead." It followed an Aussie named Joe who had a severe autoimmune disorder wherein his brain released histamines in response to non-histamatic situations such as shaking someone's hand.  He traveled to America and started a juice fast for 60 days.  At first I was in disbelief that someone could get all their nutrients this way.  I had to face palm myself.  All it was, was a vegan diet without external protien in liquid form.  Perfectly healthy, and probably more satisfying than a diet of burgers, fries and starch.  It was amazing to watch his transformation in a mere 2 months.  He dropped 56lbs in 60 days, and met someone in America with this same disease who he also inspired to make the same changes.  It really got me thinking about how much we put into our bodies that is just so incredibly unhealthy.  Even people who are on high protien diets aren't getting the macrobiotic nutrients that they need, but getting more of the micronutrients that just sit in the body and hold toxins.  I don't know if I could do a 60 day or even 30 days but am thinking about a 10 "reboot" as they call it to cleanse and detox the body.   Hmmmmmmm......things to ponder. Because I like food.  Really like food. I have an emotional affair with food.  I'll let you guys know.

Anyway this documentary was funny, real and to the core.  I reccomend checking it out.  "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.   Seriously, it's good shit :)

Peace y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment