Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thursday Sweat Session


Like my "ugh F this noise" look??

It was one of those days I did not want to go to the gym. Hormones and a tiff the night prior had left me exhausted and weepy at every little thing.  And the day did not really have any significant progress to it either.  Like seriously, I almost cried because the Indian food I had treated myself to for lunch was terrible, then started crying at the grocery store because I couldn't find any peach frozen yogurt. I know, I know, go ahead and laugh.

Although I felt like crap, I knew I would feel even more like crap if I didn't expend some energy and pretend to lift some heavy things and put them back down.  So today's workout was definitely what I would consider an easy one, but I pushed through and even managed to be tired at the end of it.

Workout:

Eliptical- 3 minute warm up at level 5. Kicked it up to level 7 for 5 minutes.  Did intervals of forward/reverse for 1 minute at a time for 4 minutes. 2 minute recovery. Repeat interval/recovery 3 times.

Side Plank with Leg Lifts- 2 sets of 20 each side.

Front Plank- 30 sec x 2

Front Plank with Leg Lift- 20 x 2 each side

Alternate Leg and Arm Hold- On all fours, extend right arm and left leg. Hold for 20 seconds then lower. Switch to left arm, right leg. Hold 20 seconds.  Repeat 3 times.

Weight Circuit:

Bent Over Fly- 10lb. 12 reps

Front Lateral Raises- 10lb. 12 reps

Side to Side Bends- 15lb. 50 reps (with a weight in each hand, stand straight and hold core taut. Using obliques while holding glutes tight, lean to the left bringing weight to knee, or as close as possible.  Continuing motion, come back upright and immediately to the right. Repeat.)

Shoulder Press- 15lb. 12 reps

Complete weight circuit 3 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment