Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pregnancy Workout From Yesterday

Agh! I forgot to take pictures at the gym! Not that you guys need to look at my ugly mug, but simply because I really like pictures, and so am guessing you all do also :) So here's a picture of a really cute pregnant fitness model instead :D


Workout yesterday was intense enough to leave me tired, but not so much that I didn't feel like I could go back today if I needed/wanted/had enough time to. I made sure to keep slugging the water of course, and was highly amused by the women who came to the gym solely for social hour and had the "I'm only here for looks" attitude going. Also was highly amused by the guys in the free weight area who kept looking at me. Not because I looked good...I mean I'm 6 months pregnant and had no makeup on, and probably looked pissed.....but more like "Hey she's pregnant and lifting weights.  That's awesome. Is she supposed to be doing that? That's awesome."  

Not gonna lie, it kind of made my day :)

Workout was as follows:

Elpitical- 20 minutes on random setting, set at about level 8-9. I would rather run, but the baby is so low there is not a chance of that happening unless I want to be in extreme pain.

Circuit #1:

Straight Leg Dead Lift- 30lbs. 3 sets of 15

Dead Lift With Squat- 30lbs. 3 sets of 15

Standing Overhead Press- 30lbs. 3 sets of 15

Bicep Curl- 30lbs. 3 sets of 15

Circuit #2:

Bent Over Row- 30lbs. 3 sets of 15

Bent Over Flys- 15lbs each hand. 3 sets of 15

Standing Shoulder Press- 15lbs each hand. 3 sets of 15

Leg Press- 90lbs. 2 sets of 20, 1 set to failure at 16


Honestly, I know this sounds like a lot, but after the elliptical I just got into a zone and powered through it all. Took about 30 minutes total for all of the weights.  Give it a shot, you'll feel great and your sciatica, spine, and hips will love you for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment