Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Nursery and Baby Haul





Well, I told you guys that I would be posting the baby haul later.   This is later.  


Honestly, I've been so la-dee-da about this whole pregnancy thing. Just not really over worrying about stuff, kind of just like,

"Eh, we've got tiiiiiime. It's fine. We'll get it together at some point, whatever."

Well, it's later. And I've only got 14 weeks left. All of a sudden last week I was there, sitting on the couch, and realized we haven't gotten anything except a changing table! Most of the clothes that we have are only because my significant's mom picks up some stuff every time she goes shopping lol! She keeps bugging us about how we will decorate the nursery, and I honestly haven't given it a thought!  Then all of a sudden, that damned nesting started kicking in, and my main thoughts were along these lines.

"Crap.........crap!..........CRAP!!!!!!"  

"He needs some onesies....and we need to get the cloth diapers, crap I haven't even priced them or seen which brands are the best.....Gooooooooood I also need to find the co-sleeper, but I hadn't seen one I liked, what if I can't find one?..........Ugh I need some wraps, but they are sooooo expensive, but Ill be wearing them all the time, honestly I just need like 1 or 2 I guess........he's gonna need both warmer and cooler clothes, God such a waste of money, he's going to grow out of them in like 2 seconds anyway........"   

And on, and on, and on. You get the picture lol.

Soo anyway, like stated in my weekend post, we spent Sunday shopping on a whim. And I am so glad we did!  We went to Babies R Us to just look around and maybe pick up the stroller I had been eyeing, and the bassinet/pack 'n play, but came away with so much more!




  Babies R Us is having a really nice price reduction and sales going on with the clothing and layettes, we ended up grabbing 2 sleep n' plays (buy one, get one 50% off), 3 sets of onesies (buy two, get third free), two more sets of 4 pack onesies (40% off each), a cute little whale outfit set (40% off), and two swaddle sleepers (buy one, get one 50% off).   I mean, holy cow! The only way that could have been better was if they were that markdown plus on clearance, or I was one of those extreme couponers who had foresight to print out manufacturers coupons in addition to the sale!

I started getting myself ready with just a couple small things, a Mombo Pillow with vibration, and Dappi Organic Natural Cotton Nursing Pads.  Since I plan on breastfeeding, and plan on EBF for at least 3-4 months, I figured that stuff like a nursing pillow and pads might come in handy haha!












I freaking love this stroller!  We had priced and tested out some jogging strollers back in January, and so were pretty certain this was the one we wanted anyway.  But, after test driving it around the store a couple times in comparison with another couple strollers, we knew we loved it! It has speakers, easy fold, was easy and comfy to push. And although it didn't have "shock absorbers" like the much higher priced counterpart did, we honestly couldn't tell the difference.  We also made sure to get the combo of stroller/car seat, because after pricing, it just made more sense to buy them together and save $40 than not.  Plus it was on sale!!  Baby Trend Expedition ELX Travel System is what we got, and according to the website, it's still on sale! So get it if you need one, and they also have it in pink.




Last, but certainly not least, we found a crib :)  The crib was already precious, and we happened to both stop to look at it, at the same time.  And actually both agreed on it! Let me tell you, that is huge, we've barely agreed on anything for the nursery this whole time lol.  We liked the price so were mulling about getting it instead of the bassinet/pack n' play combo we had originally planned on.  I happened to walk over a little bit and see the clearance/as is section.  Low and behold, I saw that crib sitting in there, with no tag, and a small dent in the top railing.  I called the significant over and made him go find a salesperson quick!  After about 30 minutes of that poor sales guy having to hunt down and talk with the manager, they gave it to us for 30% off! We certainly weren't expecting that much off, so we took it without hesitation!  We hadn't planned on getting a crib until Broden was about 4 months since he will be sleeping in a co-sleeper by our bed, but when the universe hands you something like that, you take it!

All in all, I have to say that we did pretty damn well for what was only supposed to be purchasing the stroller!

No comments:

Post a Comment